Monday, February 20, 2012

My Wrap Wreath

One thing  you will learn about me is that I absolutely love aqua and red. This wreath is in  my living room. It worked for Christmas because my decor is none other than aqua and red, and it was ok to leave it up long past the season, because it still matches in there.


I used the thick yarn to wrap around a styrofoam wreath. It took me about 2 1/2 hours of wrapping. I tied a  knot in the beginning wrap, and then just wrapped over it. At the end, I did the same, tied a knot and hid it under some wraps.


I found this lovely white button in my stash. I am pretty sure I bought it at JoAnn's fabrics.


I love the wool felt. The thickness is awesome. They sell a lot better selection now at Micheal's Crafts.  I was one excited girl to find the aqua back there on their shelf. I even bought an extra stash of it to play with in the future.


When you are wrapping your wreath, make sure you keep pushing the wraps close together so there aren't any spots of the actual wreath showing through. This is not an original idea, but it is fun to take an idea you have seen and make it your own. Our ward made some for a Super Saturday and it was fun to see how unique everyone's turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love your comments.